A Letter From the Chief
For over one hundred and twenty-five years the City of Moorhead Police Department has protected the lives and property of the people of our community. Today, the Police Department continues in that proud tradition through our commitment to the concept of community policing, our ongoing use of the latest technology, and our commitment to our children and young adults.
Our Patrol and Investigations Divisions respond to the immediate needs of the citizens of Moorhead through deterrence, investigation, and apprehension, in cases of criminal conduct and threats to public safety.
Our community policing personnel work with persons and partnerships within our city to respond to, and improve, quality of life issues that impact on homes and neighborhoods.
Initiatives such as the School Resource Officers, DARE, and our Youth Services section, demonstrate our commitment to families and schools. This commitment is aimed at assuring that Moorhead is a safe, productive, and healthy community now and in the future.
By directing our efforts at the numerous areas that impact upon our residents we are committed to not just providing a safe community, but in maintaining the high quality of life people in Moorhead have come to expect.
Our mission is to maintain peace and order through the provision of police services that are of the highest quality and responsive to the needs of the community. We will contribute to the safety and security of the community by apprehending those who commit criminal acts, by developing partnerships to prevent, reduce or eliminate neighborhood problems, and by providing police services that are fair, unbiased, judicious, and respectful of the dignity of all individuals.
We, the members of the City of Moorhead Police Department, are committed to working together in a problem-solving partnership with the community to prevent crime and improve the quality of life for all.
- Safety - The protection of human life is our highest priority.
- Cooperation - We are committed to working cooperatively with the community and each other by encouraging open communication and active participation to achieve our mutual goals.
- Fairness - We strive to resolve conflict through impartial enforcement of the law. Everyone shall be treated equitably and compassionately.
- Crime Prevention - We will work in a partnership with the community through positive role modeling and education.
- Diversity - We appreciate one another's differences and recognize that our unique skills, knowledge, abilities and backgrounds bring strength and caring to our community.
- Professionalism - Our success depends on the trust and confidence of the community. We shall engage in respectful behavior that reflects the honesty and integrity of police professionals.