The Moorhead Community Fund, through the FM Area Foundation, was established in 2018 to provide opportunities to fund raise toward community amenities for our residents and visitors. The Moorhead Community Fund Advisory Committee evaluates potential projects and makes recommendations to the City Council for funding and fund management. Duties of the Advisory Committee include:
- Participate in Quarterly Meetings, as needed.
- Identify and recommend projects to the City Council for prioritization and approval.
- Make recommendations to the City Council for fund distribution.
- Assist with fundraising for identified projects by:
- Identifying potential donor opportunities within the community.
- Assist in presenting identified project(s) to service groups or others that may be interested in donating to the Moorhead Community Fund.
- Review and make suggestions on fundraising efforts and materials.
- Council member appointed by the Mayor
- Arts and Culture Commission designee
- Parks Advisory Board designee
- Moorhead Business Association designee
- Minnesota State University - Moorhead appointment by MSUM President
- Community Member, at large
Term length: 3 years
Term limit: 2 terms
Staff Liaisons: Holly Heitkamp, Parks and Recreation Director and Forrest Steinhoff, Assistant City Planner
Donations to the Community Fund: