Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
"Build-a-Ton-aThon" - Sounds like fun, right?
Building, food, music, activities and games!
The Fargo Moorhead Community Theatre (FMCT) proudly announces its upcoming “Build-a-Ton-aThon” event, September 22-24 at Viking Ship Park in Moorhead.
Come join FMCT staff, Moorhead residents, volunteers, and local organizations as we unite to enhance the city's charm and character. The Build-a-Ton-aThon showcases collaborative efforts and reflects Moorhead's community-driven spirit. Volunteer teams will construct installations which will later be moved to pre-identified areas around the city, breathing new life into underutilized spaces and creating vibrant community gathering points that embody the essence of Moorhead.
The Build-A-Ton-aThon kicks off September 22 at Viking Ship Park:
- Friday, September 22
- Volunteer Group Night 1-4pm
- Saturday, September 23
- 10am: Opening Ceremony, Mayor Shelly Carlson will address the volunteers
- 11am-5pm: Hands-on building activities begin. Food, music, activities & games will be available throughout the day in the park.
- Sunday, September 24
- 12pm-3pm: Builds will be finished and assembled; cleanup work will be completed.
- 3-5pm: Grand Reveal and Block Party. The newly created installations will be unveiled. The Block Party is open to the public and features food, music, and camaraderie.
FMCT extends an open invitation to all Moorhead residents, community groups, businesses, and volunteers to join hands in this exciting endeavor. Whether one is an experienced builder, a dedicated community member, someone passionate about making a difference, or if you just enjoy being out and meeting your neighbors, the Build-a-Ton-aThon welcomes all with open arms!
For more information about the Build-A-Ton-aThon, including ways to get involved and support the project, please follow FMCT on Facebook or Instagram (@fmctheatre) or visit the FMCT website.