The City Council typically meets every second and fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 pm in the Auditorium at the Hjemkomst Center, 202 1st Ave. N. City business is discussed and acted on at both meetings.
You can view a full list of scheduled public meetings in our online calendar.
City Council agendas, minutes, video, and resolutions can all be accessed below.
- Agendas are published preceding the scheduled City Council meeting. This includes the meeting schedule and full packet of agenda-related materials.
- Minutes are published following formal Council approval at a subsequent Council meeting.
- Video of Council meetings can be viewed live on this page or at any time following the meeting. Meetings are also broadcast on the Moorhead Community Access Media (MCAM) channel. A broadcast schedule can be found on the MCAM website.
- Resolutions are formal documents specifically describing a Council approved action. All resolutions approved at each Council meeting are published no later than one week following the Council meeting
Public Opportunities to Address the City Council
The Moorhead City Council welcomes and encourages public input on issues listed on the agenda or of general community interest, time and Council permitting. Speakers are limited to 3 minutes each. There are three ways to address the City Council:
- Public hearings: These are typically held 15-30 minutes after the start of the meeting.
- Agenda items: Citizens can address the Mayor and Council during the discussion of the item.
- Non-agenda items: Citizens can speak under the agenda item Citizens Addressing the Council. Each person requesting the opportunity to speak is asked to fill out a “Request to Speak” form.