Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
- Police Pursuit Ends in Standoff
Moorhead Police tried to stop a suspect in a disturbance, he fled and then refused to surrender. After a short standoff, he was taken into custody without any injuries.
09/30/2022 1:29 pmdetail
- Bi-weekly scheduled branch pickup ended September 30
Residents may still call to schedule a pickup or take branches/brush to City compost site
10/04/2022 9:57 amdetail
- Building & Housing Update
Construction Permit Activity Reports through September 2022 are now available.
10/03/2022 3:12 pmdetail
- Who's your Favorite? Vote to make Moorhead's I-94 water tower a winner!
Tnemec's "Tank of the Year" competition runs through October 14; cast your vote now
10/03/2022 2:39 pmdetail
- Visit the "Forest Friends" at Viking Ship Park
The three natural sculptures are part of the City of Moorhead's Call for Activation project.
10/03/2022 10:01 amdetail
- Crime Free Multi-Housing Training for Landlords and Property Managers
Register now for the October training!
09/29/2022 2:40 pmdetail
- Free Virtual Brown Bag for Landlords, Property Managers, Tenants and Service Providers on Tuesday, October 11, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Don't miss this free opportunity to hear about post-pandemic resources and learn effective communication strategies.
09/28/2022 4:15 pmdetail
- Notice of Adoption of Final Assessments
City Council adopted final assessments for permanent infrastructure improvements for project 02-02-02G, SE Main|20 St|21 St project
09/27/2022 11:07 amdetail
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures on 21 St S at SE Main
Work will continue until October 9; motorists should use alternate routes
- Traffic Alert: Street closure on 20 Ave S between 27 St S and SE Main Ave
Work is anticipated to take two weeks; motorists should use alternate routes.
- Traffic Alert: Street closure on 32 Ave S between 9 St S and 11 St S
Starting Monday, September 26, motorists should use alternate routes; work is expected to last two weeks
09/23/2022 10:50 amdetail
- Public Hearing Notice - Planning & Zoning
Planning Commission 10/3/2022 at 5:30 PM
09/22/2022 12:00 pmdetail
- Connect with the Court Community Listening Session
Informal discussion planned among judges, court officials and people who live in the judicial district
09/20/2022 10:18 amdetail
- Public Notification of Level 3 Predatory Offenders
Andre Tolefree will be residing in the vicinity of 32 Street Circle South and Richard Folden will be relocating to the 500 block of 7 Street South.
09/19/2022 3:43 pmdetail
- South Moorhead Disturbance
Moorhead Police locate a handgun during a disturbance
09/14/2022 3:59 amdetail
- Voters have opportunity to fund community center/public library in November
Local option sales tax would provide resources to build new downtown gathering place
09/13/2022 10:03 amdetail
- Educator Brian Cole wins MoorHeart award
Orchestra teacher also contributes to history, community relations efforts
09/12/2022 7:00 pmdetail
- Traffic Alert: Main Ave demonstration project to begin week of September 12
Project will study reducing traffic to three lanes and add other actions to improve pedestrian access.
09/09/2022 10:50 amdetail
- Property assessment reviews to occur in selected neighborhoods
Homeowners may request an internal inspection by calling the Assessor's Office
09/08/2022 8:00 amdetail
- Pursuit in Moorhead Leads to Arrest
Four people detained and three guns recovered
09/08/2022 4:28 amdetail