Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
- Police Pursuit Ends in Standoff
Moorhead Police tried to stop a suspect in a disturbance, he fled and then refused to surrender. After a short standoff, he was taken into custody without any injuries.
09/30/2022 1:29 pmdetail
- City of Moorhead requires masks for staff, visitors in all City-owned buildings
Social distancing also recommended; vaccinations for residents encouraged
08/24/2021 3:17 pmdetail
- New Year's Day holiday service changes
January 2 trash/recycling picked up Tuesday; City offices closed January 2
- 11 St underpass project receives $26.3 million in federal resources
Rural Surface Transportation Grant Program helps fund infrastructure that improves connectivity, safety, and reliability
12/20/2022 8:51 amdetail
- Bennett Park Cooperative receives state funds for infrastructure work
Minnesota Housing also approves gap financing for 5 Maple Court units and funding for the Cass Clay Community Land Trust
12/19/2022 8:45 amdetail
- Moorhead Human Rights Commission recognizes significant contributions for 2022
Human Rights Awards given to five individuals in the community
12/12/2022 7:30 pmdetail
- Homicide Victim's Vehicle was Located in Wahpeton, ND
The 2016 black Honda Pilot was located today on the property of Masonite International in Wahpeton, ND.
12/07/2022 11:54 amdetail
- Man Rescued From Bridge Above I-94
Medical Situation Leads to Temporary Closing of I-94
12/05/2022 8:18 pmdetail
- Building & Housing Update
Construction Permit Activity Reports through November 2022 are now available.
12/05/2022 1:52 pmdetail
- Homicide Victim Identified
The preliminary autopsy results have confirmed the identity of the December 1 homicide victim as Receia Kollie, age 56, of Moorhead.
12/05/2022 12:28 pmdetail
- Homicide Suspect in Custody
James Kollie Jr., age 25, of Moorhead, MN, was taken in custody in Wahpeton, ND.
12/02/2022 10:04 pmdetail
- Public Assistance is Requested in Locating Possible Suspect Involved in Homicide Investigation
The Moorhead Police Department is requesting assistance locating James Kollie Jr., age 25, who may be driving the victim's black 2016 Honda Pilot.
12/02/2022 9:24 amdetail
- Moorhead Police Investigating Homicide
After conducting a welfare check, family members discovered a deceased adult female in her home.
12/02/2022 7:23 amdetail
- Share your opinions on housing in Moorhead
FM Metro COG survey is gathering information to better inform area housing needs.
11/30/2022 3:43 pmdetail
- City Council honors retiring legislators Eken, Marquart
Both were instrumental in securing infrastructure funding and other support for the City
11/28/2022 7:00 pmdetail
- Public Hearing Notice - Planning & Zoning
Planning Commission 12/5/2022 at 5:30 PM
11/24/2022 12:00 pmdetail
- Notice of Public Hearing: Federal Transit Administration proposed projects
Public is invited to comment on proposed program of projects and budget for Transit Operating and Planning Assistance
11/22/2022 9:06 amdetail
- Enrichment Operation founder Peter Ferguson honored with MoorHeart award
Organization exposes people to arts, nature, food, music and other growth opportunities
11/14/2022 7:00 pmdetail
- Building & Housing Update
Construction Permit Activity Reports through October 2022 are now available.
11/10/2022 2:57 pmdetail
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund hosting virtual forum
Event seeks to expand and create positive outcomes for affordable housing.
11/10/2022 8:13 amdetail