Driveway and Sidewalk Permit
A permit is required for installing a driveway approach, sidewalk or curb and gutter in the public right-of-way. The permit can only be issued to a bonded contractor or a homeowner who obtains a certificate of insurance bond in the amount of $5,000 payable to the City of Moorhead.
|Driveway Approach Permit||$30|
|Sidewalk or Curb & Gutter Permit||$0.75/linear foot|
For Driveway & Sidewalk permits call the Engineering Department at 218.299.5390.
Right-of-Way Excavation Permit
Excavation permits are required whenever an excavation or underground work is planned within the City's right-of-way. No person may excavate any right-of-way without first having obtained the appropriate Right-of-Way Permit from the Engineering Department.
Applicants must submit a completed permit application form along with:
- Scaled drawing showing the location of the proposed project
- $25,000 minimum Contractor Bond
- Certificate of Liability Insurance (City of Moorhead listed as additional insured)
- Erosion/Sediment Control Permit Application
|BORING/tRENCHING & eXCAVATIONS
|Minimum Permit Fee (iNCLUDES sTORMWATER FEE)
Lawn Grade Permit
Engineering provides rear yard lawn grades to aid in establishing proper rear yard drainage. The fee is $40 per Lawn Grade request.
For Lawn Grade permits call Engineering at 218.299.5390Additional Information and Forms
- Right-of-Way Details & Standards
- Storm Sewer Repair Standards
- Erosion & Sediment Control Standards
- Grading & Erosion Control Form
- Grading & Erosion Control Permit Transfer
- Grading & Erosion Control Form Sanitary Service Repair Guidelines
- Gopher State One Call
- Home Sanitary & Water Service Connections