Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
- Service Alert: 1 Ave N bridge reopened to traffic this afternoon
The 1 Ave N bridge is now open to traffic following cleanup of flood debris and sediment.
04/25/2019 2:15 pmdetail
- Follow Up on Disturbance Call from April 17
Felony charges requested after further investigation of disturbance call.
04/24/2019 2:38 pmdetail
- Moorhead Flood 2019 Update: Reopening Transportation Routes and Parks
We know commutes between Moorhead and Fargo are longer and activities are impacted due to the spring flood. We will reopen transportation routes to traffic as soon as possible.
04/23/2019 3:28 pmdetail
- Drug Take Back Event Saturday, April 27
The Moorhead Police Department will be partnering with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to collect unwanted or expired prescription medications as part of the National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
04/23/2019 11:07 amdetail
- Results of Day One of Busted by the Bus
Results of Distracted Driving Enforcement in Moorhead for April 22, 2019.
04/22/2019 4:14 pmdetail
- Request of City of Moorhead for Text Amendments to Title 10 Chapter 18: Use Regulations
04/19/2019 1:30 pmdetail
- Busted by the Bus Returns
For the fifth year, law enforcement will be partnering with the Moorhead School District to reduce distracted driving near school buses.
04/19/2019 8:00 amdetail
- Man Arrested After Jumping from a Third Story Window
04/18/2019 4:53 amdetail
- The Meadows and Village Green Golf Courses Now Open
Get out and golf!
04/17/2019 9:14 amdetail
- Moorhead Flood 2019 Update - Traffic Impacts
Commuters are facing the potential for a high level of traffic congestion with flood impacts still affecting bridges and streets near the river and the start of the 2019 construction season downtown.
04/15/2019 2:41 pmdetail
- Sanitation Services running today
City of Moorhead sanitation crews will provide garbage and recycling service on Friday, April 12.
04/12/2019 8:09 amdetail
- Moorhead Flood 2019 Update - Snow on the way
The National Weather Service has issued a notice that heavy, wet snow will fall across the region with the heaviest amounts focused on the southern and southeastern Red River Valley beginning Wednesday night into Friday.
04/10/2019 1:02 pmdetail
- Moorhead Flood 2019 Update
Red River appears to have crested at 35.05 feet Monday, April 8
04/09/2019 10:22 amdetail
- SPEAK UP ABOUT DISTRACTED DRIVING
Extra Enforcement on Minnesota Roads April 8 – 30 .
04/08/2019 1:54 pmdetail
- Public Works Spring Service Update
Spring Service Announcement
- Moorhead Flood 2019 Update
River is expected to crest at 35.0 ft on Sunday, April 7
- Traffic Alert
Upcoming Road and Bridge Closures Affecting Traffic and Commute Patterns: Brookdale Underpass; 1 Ave N & Bridge; Woodlawn Park Dr; Gooseberry Entrance
04/04/2019 10:30 amdetail
- National Weather Service News Release
Red River is predicted to crest between 34 and 36 feet early next week.
04/03/2019 5:00 pmdetail
- Traffic Alert: 15 Av N / 12 Av N Toll Bridge Closing
15 Av N / 12 Av N Toll Bridge will be Closing Wednesday, April 3, 2019, at 6 pm.
04/03/2019 4:12 pmdetail
- Traffic Impacts
As the water rises, some streets and bridges will be closed. You can view a map of current street closures to plan your route.
04/03/2019 3:00 pmdetail