Recycling is collected at the curb from residential homes every other week on your designated garbage collection day. Items that are collected:
- Plastic - Bottles and jugs marked as #1, #2, #4, #5, or #7
- Glass - Clear and colored bottles and jars
- Metal and aluminum cans
- Corrugated cardboard and boxboard
- Examples cereal, beverage and shoe boxes
- No waxed boxes from the fridge or freezer
- Cardboard must be flattened no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet size.
Residents must use a designated recycling container for recycled materials. Separate the types of materials in paper grocery bags within the recycling container. Containers are available for $10 and can be purchased at the Public Works Facility (700 15th Ave N) or on the 3rd Floor City Hall (500 Center Ave).
Recycling is picked up every other week on the same day your garbage is collected. Each day is split geographically into A and B weeks. You can download a Detailed Color-Coded Recycling Map showing a designated recycling week and you can also download the printable Recycling Schedule.
Drop Off Locations
Recycling drop off bins are available at several locations in Moorhead:
- Southside Regional Park
North of the intersection of 23rd St. S and 40th Ave S.
- Parking Lot (moved from Woodlawn Parking Lot)
418 Elm Street
- Public Works Facility
700 15th Ave N
- Youth Hockey Arena
707 SE Main Ave
In addition to the items collected at the curb, these sites also accept phone books and yard waste, but not trees or branches. Please follow all recycling rules posted at drop site.A map of our recycling drop off locations is shown below, but you can also download larger, printable version of the map.