Fences are allowed in residential districts up to the property line. Please check for easements and contact Gopher State One Call to locate utilities. No permits are required unless the fence is more than 7 feet tall. Refer to the Moorhead City Code for the ordinance regulating fences or contact Planning and Zoning.
- Building permits are required for any accessory building over 200 square feet. Regardless of size and if a permit is required, zoning regulations apply.
- A mechanical permit is required for installation of all permanent heating and cooling appliances. Minnesota State Code does allow a homeowner to install their own heating and cooling appliances.
- A plumbing permit is required to install a water heater.
- An electrical permit is required and may be obtained by calling the Minnesota State Electrical Inspector, Rod Schaffer, at 701-235-2840.
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry has several brochures providing guidance and explaining code requirements for common remodeling projects. Check them out!