If you want to see our community’s vision for growth, look over the City of Moorhead Comprehensive Plan, which provides the framework for growth and development. The Comprehensive Plan outlines the policies, standards and principles that serve as the basis for updating the City’s zoning, subdivision and other development standards and establishes long-term community goals.
Bike & Pedestrian Plans
- 2022 Fargo-Moorhead Metro Bike & Pedestrian Plan
- 2019 Fargo-Moorhead Metro Bikeways Gap Analysis
- 2016 Fargo-Moorhead Metro Bike & Pedestrian Plan
Moorhead and surrounding growth areas are guided by Growth Area Plans, which specifies where future streets, parks, businesses and homes are anticipated to be located.
Alternative Urban Areawide Review
The Alternative Urban Areawide Review (AUAR) is an environmental review for future development projects within the Growth Area Plan. It inventories environmental and cultural resources, identifies potential cumulative impacts of one or more development scenarios and focuses on effective mitigation strategies.
Moorhead River Corridor Studies
- 2014 Moorhead River Corridor Master Plan (Phase II)
- 2013 Moorhead River Corridor Needs and Issues Report (Phase I)
Other Corridor Studies
- 2021 17th Street North Corridor Study
- 2020 Highway 75/Highway 10 Corridor Study
- 2019 12th Avenue South Corridor Study
A copy of these plans are on file at the City of Moorhead Planning & Zoning Division - 4th Floor of City Hall, 500 Center Avenue, Moorhead, MN.