Below is a list of news items for the City of Moorhead with the most recent items at the top. If you would like to see news for a certain category, you can select it from the the drop-down box labeled (All Categories). Any news older than 90 days is automatically archived and removed from this list.
You can also subscribe to our eNotifications to automatically receive emails as we post news to the site.
Building & Housing Update: Adapting Building Inspections for COVID-19
Changes have been made to our inspection routine for safety of public and city staff during COVID-19 pandemic.
The City of Moorhead Inspections Team is working to continue support of the Moorhead building community while taking precautions relating to the threat of COVID-19.
As of March 19, inspections may be requested for the following:
- New Construction Commercial or Residential Inspections can be completed where there is no public/contractor/inspector interaction. Contractors and all other individuals would remain offsite for the duration of the inspector's visit.
- Emergency Commercial or Residential Inspections (for example: furnace, water heater) may be allowed, but COVID-19 screening questions will be asked and appropriate answers given before an inspector is sent to the job.
- Other Building Inspections that require personal interaction may be permitted if:
- Anyone who interacts with the inspector must answer the screening questions and provide appropriate answers before an inspector is dispatched to the site.
- Inspector must maintain a minimum six feet social distancing during the inspection.
If you have any questions regarding inspections or need to schedule an inspection please contact:
- Building Codes 218.299.5424
- Neighborhood Services 218.299.5434
Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we practice healthy precautions in the current environment. These procedures are subject to change. Please subscribe to our eNotifications and check our website for the latest information.