Brush Pickup Rules
Brush includes woody tree and shrub branches. If there is a problem preventing pickup of a brush pile, staff will leave a notice on your door.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Brush must be placed directly onto the boulevard, not in alleys
- Do not put brush in bags, garbage cans, wheelbarrows, or boxes
- Do not mix brush with any of the following:
- Trash or Dirt
- Compost material (leaves, grass clippings)
- Vegetative matter (vines, dried flower stocks)
- Any other material in a brush pile such as metal or plastic as they will damage the brush chipper
- Stumps and root balls are collected (call-in only) for a fee of $20 per cubic yard ($20 minimum charge)
- Brush does not need to be tied into bundles
- Curbside branch collection is a service provided to the City of Moorhead homeowners and Forestry will not collect brush generated by the activities of tree contractors, landscapers, lawn maintenance firms or other contractor entities.
- Please do not drop off tree branches at our recycling drop-off locations. These locations are for grass clippings only.
Brush and Branch Dropoff
Residents can haul brush and branches to the City’s Compost Site for free. Large amounts of brush may be subject to a disposal site fee. The Compost Site will open April 29, 2019 through the November 22, 2019.Location:
1800 Hwy 75 N
(Just north of Centennial Park baseball fields, right on Hwy 75)
Drop off hours:
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:15 pm
Saturdays 8:00 am to 11:45 am
Homeowners who cut down elm trees (to include Siberian Elm) on their property may stack all the elm material on their boulevard, with no restrictions on the size of the pile. Elm material will be picked up with the log loader at no charge as part of the Dutch Elm Disease Program. Please remember that the pile must contain only elm material.
Curbside brush pick up service is available to homeowners who trim trees on their own property. One pile no larger in volume of 12 feet long, 8 feet wide and 4 feet high is collected at no charge once a week. Individual pieces must be 8" in diameter or smaller. Woody brush outside of these dimensions requires the use of our log loader and the homeowner will be charged at a rate of $60. If you have any concerns regarding the size of your pile of brush, please contact us first to avoid any unexpected charges.
Pickup fees are still in effect after storm events unless they are specifically suspended by the City.